Monday, April 28, 2008

A March Of Success and Our First "Say Back"

We did the "March For Babies" on Sunday. We only hit about 20% of our goal ($120) but I don't think its too bad considering we only raised money for about a week and a half. Kyan had fun, got candy, balloons and pizza...Nolan enjoyed the jogging stroller (actually he fell asleep about 30 seconds before arriving and probably thought we were insane for not allowing him to nap) Mick seemed to enjoy himself too. Well at least until embarrassing our family at the wall climb event! I think a seven year old climbed up and rang the victory bell about 3 minutes before Mickey fell off about a third of the way up! Better luck next time Honey! My excuse for not trying? Oh, I worked a 12 hour shift the night before, got off at 730am and headed to the walk! Now that's dedication, especially because I thought I had to go back in that night (ended up calling in bc Kyan had a sore throat) So all in all, it was a good day!

Yesterday while getting in the car to take Dr. J Russell Puppy to the dog park (big upset because it was "Closed Until Spring" when we got there, hasn't it been spring for over a month now? The park ranger must be related to Mother Nature) Mick lifted Kyan into his car seat, not sure if he bumped his leg or what but the little man whipped out a "Damn It!" Mick and my eyes meet and whheeewww we both played it off pretty well. However you know who gets in trouble for this right? Now I am totally against fowel language in front of children but stuff does just naturally slip sometimes you know! Note to self....try harder to say darn it....darn it....darn it ....darn it!

Kyan demonstrated other independence besides a potty mouth today too. I took the boys on a shopping trip to Ikea today. I reved up Mr. Kyan for the "Check in" indoor playground they have there. Usually this kid would freak at the thought of me leaving him in a public place with total strangers. Can you believe he let me leave him for 25 min? Yaayyyyy good for him, maybe next time I can get the whole 60 min!

Mr. Pie is doing great, minus his live in snotty nose and goopy eye! He still has no intention on walking in the near future and frankly I'm not ready for him to either! His latest is screaming DDDDOOOOOO (doc without the C sound) at the top of his lungs, calling for Doc. For all of you who don't know, that was Kyans first word! I think we will be calling it Pie's 4nd Knowledgeable word, next to BBAA BBAA (with an added waving gesture) as his first of Ba Bye, and Dada and Mama (no order noted on the last 2 lol! Until next time...........keep on cawling Pie!

No comments: