Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh where does the time go?

The past two weeks? Busy as usual. We hit up the circus last weekend, it was a present from kyans birthday from Mom and Dad. Pie did exceptionally well and the look on Kyan's face when the elephants and zebras entered the ring was priceless! I am going to have to look into some more inside entertainment as the temperature in good ol M-I begins to fall below freezing. BBBRRR Our outside playing is slowly coming to an end, well at least with me. Mick has this affair every year with the snow, he enjoys shoveling (yeah and i married him???) So at least the boys can get in some quality play time outdoors over the winter. You can look for me by the fire place!

Kyan continues to be SICK. He has been coughing now since Sept 17th. The pediatrician gave him a 14 day rx of abx with no improvement and then after a 4 year well child check and a failed hearing test she left us hanging about what do do with his cold/cough but referred us to an ENT for possible tube placement. I hope something is done so he can hear us. I feel so bad for him and at the same time he's driving me crazy that I have to repeat everything I say 3 or 4 times. Some times he doesn't hear at all and other times he hears different words such as "outside" instead of "how high" and so on. I tried buying him a warm mist humidifier for his room but no luck, he's still hacking all night long :( I thought it was getting better but that lasted about 2 days. Now, he's starting to get stuffed up again. So Mick brought up a good point. Can you get stuffy and have a persistent cough from retaining fluid in your ears? This fluid does eventually drain to your throat right? Hmmm I'm gonna have to look into this. We have been trying for a year to prevent a cold to prevent the secondary ear infection. Maybe we need to prevent the fluid in the ear to prevent the secondary upper respiratory infection. Or maybe this is all completely off. I don't care what it is or what needs to be done. I want my little guy to be able to hear! We will have more on what will be done after his visit to the ENT on Dec. 9th

No comments: