Thursday, July 31, 2008

Now accepting nominations for "DAD OF THE YEAR"

Mick has always had his own unique dress code for the boys. What I mean is he tends to not stick with the usual, "this shirt goes with these shorts" instructions that I give him. At times he does come up with cute coordinates that I never would have searched "outside the box/closet" to find. And at other times, I think it looks like the 3 year old picked out his own outfit and also dressed baby brother. We do let Kyan pick out and dress himself, the other day he wore a white undershirt under an American flag tank top, power ranger pajama pants and to bring the whole outfit together he picked black dress shoes! (he was complemented by 3 people at the grocery store.) Kyan sure has Micks sense of style!!!
Now that I have foreshadowed a bit for you.......Today our nanny did us a favor and drove to pick me up after work so I could drop the car off at the shop (need new break pads) Sometimes when I get off work and come home Nolan will be in the same outfit he was in when I left, she knows I can't stand it when Nolan doesn't wear PJs to bed. So she made point to mention, did you look to see what the boys are wearing? I turned to look in her back seat. Nolan, was wearing a blue and green base ball Nike jersey with plaid cotton blue and white shorts. Not too bad I thought. And Kyan was wearing jean shorts and a T-shirt. Lisa says laughing, I had Nolan in those shorts yesterday! All I thought was oh, Micks doing me a favor and saving on laundry, I figured the shorts must have still been clean (this doesn't happen often) Then it struck me.......Kyan was wearing NOLAN'S shorts. The poor kid had Daisy Dukes on, yes size 12/18 months! They fit around the waist, he has gotten skinny but they didn't come too far down from his boy parts..........what was Mick thinking?.........and this is what I would like to nominate Mick "Dad of the Year" for!


Sorry I didn't take a picture, I really didn't want anybody to get a hold of it when my little man is a teenager! actually....i forgot!

No comments: