Tuesday, December 4, 2007

RECAP!

Its 0630 (I think, too tired to actually realize real time) Mick brings me a crying baby. Pie nuzzles up to me in bed but isn't interested in eating. I try to swaddle him and make him think going back to sleep is a good idea. BB disagrees with me, mick rolls over and I see a head bob across the foot board. Oh man Kyan is up too :( I still try to convince Nolan to sleep. Mick tells me (as if I don't already know, just in denial) Nolan wants to get up. Kyan is hungry and our day, no matter how much I want to lie to myself, must begin! 0730 The big guys head down stairs for breakfast as I search for my eyes on the night stand and I pick up Mr. Pie. I look at him and wish I could absorb some of his cheerfulness, why can't I be a morning person!? Kyan eats his usual two packs of instant oatmeal and some other stuff (too tired to notice, I promise..it was healthy and edible) Mick is indulging in the OJ we bought yesterday,he's been complaining about his OJ deficiency for about a week now. (a half hour later he complains of heart burn....I call it Karma!) Mick takes a shower and I get Kyan dressed, pack his school bag and help him brush his teeth. Now its my turn to take a shower.....hope this wakes me up! 0830 the big guys head to school. And Nolan and I call our friends Melissa and Gavin to confirm our play date. 0900 head out to CVS and then to play date. 0945 Thank god I made it to Melissa's I know she has some strong #%% coffee bound to wake me up! Here I just get to relax and chit chat a bit. Usually I have to leave by 1145 to pick Ky up at preschool but Its Monday and mick volunteers. So instead they meet me at Melissa's. 1235 we head to lunch at a place Melissa suggests (good call on the french dip Melissa) By this time I have a great deal of energy from the 3 cups of coffee! We make it out of there just in time for Kyans 3 year well child check up at 2:00. In comes a med student....here we go. Seeking medical care for your children in the University of Michigan health system can be bitter sweet. Ever want your ped. to pay extra attention to you? The past 2 appt I've had for the boys have been lead by med students....to make a VERY long story short, we got out out there at 3:35!!!! WHAT THE.... Ok, must hurry and call the lab for my drug screen for new jobby job, they are only open until 4. Drug screen cancelled, something about a water line breaking. I asked the lady if I could just come pee in a cup, I told her I carried purell. She says to me, 3 people just peed in the toilet and well.....I say Ill call tomorrow. Now we drive to my dr. and drop off a form I need from her for my job, kyan unbuckled...carry the car seat in...hand them a paper....walk back out... carrying car seat...."come on kyan" buckle kyan in then mr. p. This routine of care seats, unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle buckle is a killer. 4:00 hhhmm there's the mall (I need to exchange Kyans slippers that I bought to small) We get into JC Penny (me chugging along with the car seat...why am I carrying this thing??) "Come on Kyan" Get to the shoe depart. WHAT? they only make the slippers up to the size I bought! And I don't have my receipt! EEERRRRR! Of course we cant go to the mall and not play at the indoor playground! "Come on Bud!" We play for about 25min....kyan is now on the verge of breaking, lack of nap is NOT a good thing for him...Me too, my caffeine high is dissipating. I need to play my cards right to get back through Penny's and to the car without him having a tantrum! There is no way I could possibly carry the car seat with a 20lb Pie and a 35lb 3 year old kicking a screaming! "Look I want to go up that!" up the escalator we go, walk around the bedding department, down the escalator we go (again on the verge of breaking, you really need to pick your battles....I just want to make it to the car) 4:40 we are in the car and both boys are ZZ ZZZ ZZZ within min! On my 10 mile drive home I envision sleeping in the driveway just so I can get a nap in too! Yes, this is what I'm going to do, I cant wait!!! I exit to find a traffic jam because of 3 stop lights not working....here goes my shut eye :( I decide to drop off a Bday card for my bro at the local post office on the way.....I'm not moving in all this chaos anyway! 520 I'm rounding the last corner and cant wait to shut my eyes in the driveway! WHAT... a solicitor is at my door and approaching the vehicle (damn, have to remember to buy that no soliciting sign) I donate $5 bucks to help keep the Great lakes clean (I'm such a great citizen....tired but great!) Mick calls and tells me he fell asleep in his car in the parking lot waiting for the bus, he got a 3+hr nap....IM SO JEALOUS. and now I feel really bad for keeping Pie in bed this morning and taking an hour of sleep away from him. Ok so now I attempt to bring both kids in and I'm unsuccessful with Mr. Pie. He starts screaming as I walk in with Kyan on my shoulder. I lay kyan down and again try to convince Nolan that his nap time really isn't over.....I promise, its STILL Nap TIME!!!! No luck. Kyan wakes up 1/2 hour later while Im talking to auntie wind. 6:00 Bath time and a talk with Grandma Debbie. Dunk both kids and then its Supper time. Kyan goes out to eat at "Mommy's Kitchen" and Oh Look! Mommy is the waitress tonight. The boy orders EVERYthing on the menu. Chips and salsa, apples and PB, ramon noodles (baked not fried), raisins, ice water, Hot cocoa, and second hot cocoa after baby brother spilled it all over "Mommy's kitchen's" floor:( don't worry it wasn't hot just warm cocoa at this restaurant. Then a second order of Ramon noodles. I'm so glad I was never a real waitress!!!!! This kid has me running my butt off and he's only 3 and I know I'm not getting a good tip! I put Nolan to sleep while he finishes. 8:00 story time by the Christmas tree. Read 3 books then its potty time. We brush our teeth. "SSHHH " don't wake your brother . Kyan climbs in bed and requests a call to daddy at school to say good night. I run down stairs to get the phone. Up the stairs...SH&% the baby's crying! Kyan talks to daddy while I rock Nolan back to sleep. 8:30 tuck Kyan in and get the computer to blog about never ending day! The forecast looks like tomorrow is going to be another crazy one!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to document that we got baked ramen noodles. This is a product that used to be made by Campbell. A consumer got about twice as many noodles for about half the price back then, but after such a long absence from the market, I can't complain. I actually called Campbell 3 or 4 times to ask if they had any plans to bring them back. It looks like someone else had the same desire.

Unknown said...

I got tired just reading about your day!