Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Ham (Gravy)


Ok so has anybody ever had Ham Gravy before? (I'm not talking about Olive Oyl's ex ). No? Well I know it was a first for me today and make that a last as well. We had a ham for our Christmas dinner. Mick was busy in the kitchen while I slept after we opened Santa's presents. (I worked last night) Mickey starts saying he's going to make some gravy from the drippings. I tell him, "your making a ham not a turkey" He responds with "yeah I know, haven't you ever had Ham Gravy" in a tone like you can order it off of any American chain restaurants menu ("I'd like that topped with Ham Gravy please!") "Um No" I think he then said he used to make it all the time. This was coming from somebody who stared at the hams in Meijer last year for about 45 min trying to decide if the butt or shoulder is the one your "supposed" to get. So anyway he made Ham Gravy. After all my teasing him I had to try it, I dipped my finger in it and felt my ankles swell from the sodium rush. This brings a question to mind. An average human Na level is about 138 so why is a pig so darn salty, is their level like 590? Anybody know? Does the manufacturer add all the salt? (google search) Ok so I can't find what I'm looking for and don't really want to know to much about the animal I just ate at dinner. Over all the dinner was great without the Ham Gravy. (Ham Gravy..............that could easily be a Dr. Seuss title) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had "Ham Gravy" and yet.. I sounds pretty gross!! But hey.. Mick is the chef... Did you ever find out what a pigs NA level is? I agree.. it is salty as all hell.. I feel like I'm turning into a deer lick after eatting too much of it!! You two kill me! Too funny! Anyway.. hope you had a great Christmas and New Year! Love Ya's!!

Anonymous said...

Okay... Ham Gravy... Eww. I am sorry Mick that does not sound at all tasty. I give Jen 5 gold stars for being a trooper through that taste test!