Monday, May 9, 2011

A few updates and milestones.

Nolan at 3.5 years old




Nolan is now 4 years old,.....as of tax day anyway. Yesterday, the big guy rode up and down the street, (while playing in traffic) on only 2 wheels! Adios training wheels! NO, he was not playing in traffic, he was racing the cars on his motorcycle, common! He took off immediately. He does better going down hill, as its easier to balance. He's such a little squirt and looks way too little to be riding like a big boy! We did put the training wheels back on, running next to him gets a bit tiresome, and he likes his independence. We will keep trying on my days off, now that summer is peeking around the corner!!!!. And speaking of my days off.....I'm back working in neonatal full time. The past few weeks have been emotionally phenomenal, a bit of "the old lifestyle" bit me in the bottom and I have been loving it. I sense a calmness over me that I haven't felt in almost 2 years. Things feel somewhat "normal" again. The Rusty Kitchen Ranch is almost complete and I cant wait to post pictures of the finished product. Move in date is still pending but at this point I am relaxed about the whole thing (ok maybe that's a lye) Now of coarse we couldn't just move without any drama right? Nope Mick thought he'd complicated things this time and gave himself a hernia. Tomorrow he has his consult appointment to see when surgery is. Really Mick, 2 surgeries within one year is your limit buddy, and you better heal quick to move my heavy furniture that has been in storage for 2 years!!! (Kidding again :) More to come when we get a completion date from the contractor.
The other kiddos are well. Veda got her ears pieced two days ago, and looks beautiful, as always. Kyan has lost quite a few teeth over the last few months and if he looses anymore I may have to start feeding him Veda's stage one baby foods. I know I need to post pictures but the USB port is down on the laptop. Getting that fixed soon so pics to follow!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hey Jen! Nice updates!
Glad things are moving along well - except for that hernia. Keep up the good work. We're missing you - no state yet.