Saturday, January 2, 2010

We like to MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!!!

So here it is....2010! WOW! The family remains in Grand Rapids, content for now. At least for the next few weeks until we move again. I want to back track for a bit and shadow the past, say 6 years. How many times does the average person move in 6 years? Lets just say we are no where near average! So back in 2004 I made an exciting move out west, followed by Mick a few months later, how could he resist? (ME not Arizona silly!) So that's move #1, a big one or far one which ever? It was exciting to move back then. We settled into a cute little apartment on the north side of Phoenix. Along came Ky and we "needed" to have a house (and a dog....what were we thinking?) So move #2, our first house together as a family. Then the housing market went out of control and we realized, "hey we can make some money and buy a bigger nicer pad." That brings us to move #3 to the West side of Phoenix, nice place, not bad for a couple young kids with a baby, a dog (what were we thinking!!!) and a cat. A year later a law school admission letter came in the mail and welcomed move #4 back to Michigan (what was I thinking? Back to Michigan??? Thanks U of M) Three years later, the housing market is.....well, lets not talk about the housing market! Mick is done with school and we need to move to Grand Rapids for Mick's new job (Yes Mickey is getting a job! I know, I know, that was a lot to let out all at once, sorry) BUT we own this house (we could never rent again you know?) that we can't sell and need to move out of. What do we do? We let if foreclose!!!! NO NO NO we don't let it foreclose like the rest of the damn country, we rent it out. Simple right? No! The "perfect tenents" we found need to move in in June and we (I) am contracted until the end of summer ( or so I thought) So we happily took on move number..... hold on what number are we on? Oh yes, #5 about 10 miles down the road, a sublease until Aug. 1st so I can finish up my contract and Mick can study for the BAR. Then, my contract gets cancelled and I find myself commuting 2hours to work everyday to Grand Rapids!!!!!! UHG!!!!! The summer is coming to an end and we are near closing on our new home in Hudsonville (sub of Grand Rapids) and we find out there is a problem, an undisclosed easement in the back yard, something my husband could not live with. Now, this is where it got interesting, we have NO HOME and we need to be out of the sublease!!!! So we'll call this move #5.5, we buy a camper and go camping! Yes I said we moved into a campground for 2 weeks! Hey, it had WiFi! Over that 2 weeks we browsed the Internet endlessly and found a great house on some acreage for a great price. We place the offer, they except. But its a short sale and it could take months. I now endlessly search the Internet for another short term rental home and I'm in luck! A cute California contemporary house on the river. What a great place for the rest of the summer. That would be move #6. Now! So here I am blogging to you from that very house. Our lease was for 3 months and now month to month, perfect contract terms for not knowing when we can close on the new property. The house we are waiting on....big issues. The seller went bankrupt, home fell into foreclosure, we continue to wait! UGH! Our landlord tells me 3 days after Christmas that she will be renting our home out to a "needy family member" HELLO LADY I think we are as needie for a house as they come!!!!!!! So tomorrow we are on our way to check out an apartment. Yes folks that was no typo.....I said APARTMENT!!!! This will bring us to move #7 and then after the redemption period of the sellers bankruptcy I hope the bank will still agree on our purchase price and invite us to a very anticipated move #8 (that should have been move #5) DID YOU GET ALL THAT? I hope this year is NOT like last!

No comments: